aeonsomnia of Evil Li-brul Overlord >:D has tagged me in the book meme. Here goes:
1. One book that changed your life?
Black Like Me - the first work of non-fiction written for adults that I ever read, it convinced me that sexual intercourse wasn't just a tall tale invented by Catholic school boys trying to be really gross.
2. One book you have read more than once?
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - most recently as I was creating an audio book from it.
3. One book you would want on a desert island?
SAS Survival Guide: How to Survive Anywhere, on Land or at Sea
4. One book that made you laugh?
Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot and other observations the index alone made me laugh.
5. One book that made you cry?
The Return of the King I thought Shelob really got Frodo that time. I felt terrible for Sam.
6. One book you wish had been written?
"How to Escape from a Desert Island Containing Only One Book"
7. One book you wish had never had been written?
"Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion" - oh wait, turns out it was a hoax.
8. One book you are currently reading?
Tom Sawyer, Detective just to complete Twain's Tom/Huck stories. But lordy, there is a reason why you never hear much about that one or Tom Sawyer Abroad.
9. One book you have been meaning to read?
Everything by Niles Eldredge - I'm hoping to interview him sometime in the next few months and I want to be prepared.
OKAY, now I tag my best blog friend Ann Bartow of Sivacracy and Feminist Law Professors and Katha Pollitt (even though she doesn't blog too often.)